My 1st Church

My own Church blog
12/3/2009 5:46:32 AM

Use this file named my own church blog to write everything about my faith.

GRACE LUTHERAN BRUCE SD:

During my childhood, I attended the only Lutheran church in the small town of Bruce SD. Being of Lutheran faith since birth, I was baptized as an infant. That’s good enough.

But WAIT !!

I almost forgot!

ST. PETRI:

My 1st church was a country church northeast of Bruce. I remember this church very well. I was baptized in this church. I remember going to church on Sunday and listening to the sermons. There was a blind pastor too, if I remember. I remember him losing his place while reading the Braille bible. My uncles, aunts and family members and friends are currently buried in the cemetery, one mile east of the church. My cousin, Davey, currently lives one mile to the south of St. Petri.

The church was moved around 1954-55, I believe.

I will write more about my 1st church later.

Visit our web for further details

The web address to visit is:

www.myownfaith2.com/blog and I’ll make a church link using my google account.

myron@myownfaith2.com

Comments

  1. Good Day Myron!

    My first church was Linden Hills Congregational Church in southwest Minneapolis. I'm not certain about baptism, but I was confirmed in that church. And I remember not being able to wait until the church service was over, in order to return home to watch the US Army show series "The Big Picture." It also seems to me that there was some conflict or other on Sunday morning with regard to films of the previous Saturday's Gopher football game. On the other hand, as kids, my brother and I were the only ones in the neighborhood who with nothing to do during a warm summer's day would stop in at the church and fold bulletins for the next Sunday's service, etc.

    When our family joined the exodus to the 'burbs in 1958, we attended an Augustana Synod "mission church" in a local grade school in Brooklyn Center, MN (which became Lutheran Church of the Master). I've watched that church grow into a good size church of perhaps 3,000 families and then shrink to the current 100-150 familes (due to the invasion of the "Holy Spirit" and most "modern" people not liking the alienating "spirit" of that community - they most recently voted 132 - 20 to leave the ELCA). It's really sad to see that happen.

    So, my current church is the "radical" (in the sense of "going to the [R]oot") Lutheran Community of Saint Martin which holds services in a Mennonite Church in southeast Minneapolis. There main outreach is Saint Martin's Table (natural foods restaurant and book store on the University of Minnesota West Bank Campus). Although my current work (caregiver for a 75 year old man with Alzheimer's) brings me to a "mega-church" (Living Word Christian Center ["Word of Faith" movement church with 6,000 "pentecostal" families]) on Saturday (and sometimes the "Fifth Service" on Sunday) evenings, and either Lutheran Church of the Master or another mega-church (North Heights Lutheran, Arden Hills, MN [charismatic Luteran with somewhere between 10,000 - 12,000 families]) on Sunday mornings. Of course, with all of these churches to attend, there is often other "God-chasing" events going on during the weekdays, also!

    Hey, good sharing with you today!

    Talk to you again soon!

    Over and out for now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your informative post.

    myron@myownfaith2.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My own Church

St. Petri Bruce SD