Grace Lutheran Bruce SD

My Own Faith memories continues:


OK … I got the facts wrong.

Bryce Loomis did NOT marry an Eighmy. David Tillgren married Wilma Eighmy.
Thanks Joanne for straightening me out.

And Thanks to my LBI friend also for his positive replies to my blogs. I can certainly use the links he sends me.

If you want to see ALL my links, merely go to

www.myownfaith2.com/blog and choose the link you’d like to follow.

I have placed a PRIVATE link to only myself to vent. Thanks for allowing me that FREEDOM.

Now getting back to my childhood and all the FAITH based issues.

Do you believe in Angels? I DO !

I am amazed I am still alive to this day! I’m sure a guardian angel is looking over me. I have no idea what GOD has for me to this day. I’m almost 65 and I still ask GOD daily, “What would you like me to do today?’

I asked GOD that day also when I got off my knees in the privacy of my own bedroom.
Well, the bedroom was NOT that private back then. I had four “roommates”, my older brothers back then. My siblings follows:

Wes – 1937
Ronny – 1938
Dale – 1941?
Adelpha – 1943?
Myron – 1945
Julie – 1948?

The exact dates escape me. I’m merely trying to put my childhood in perspective.

So our UNHEATED bedroom was upstairs. The brother’s bedroom was the west end. My sister’s bedroom was the size of a closet. Delpha & Julie must have really loved each other back then. J

Interestingly, DAD hired a hired man, Floyd Skovlund, our 1st cousin, and he slept in the east room.

Talk about the BRADY bunch! We could make a movie! J

Our “NEW” church, Grace Lutheran, Bruce SD was located where Lynn Emmett currently lives .. (I think). I believe the corner lot is now Lynn’s storage area.

In the winter of 1969, Grace Lutheran burned down. I was home on leave from the USAF. Mom got a call from someone; the name escapes me who called. I remember MOM and DAD drove to see the flames shooting from the steeple. It was a sad time for all.

My sister Julie and John were just married weeks earlier, I believe.

My memories of Grace Lutheran were always one of fondness.
I was confirmed in that building and many others before me.

I’ll write more later.

myron@myownfaith2.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My own Church

St. Petri Bruce SD