St. Petri Bruce SD

ST. PETRI LUTHERAN BRUCE SD:
12/6/2009 11:28:07 AM

It’s Sunday Morning and normally I’d be at church here in Topeka KS.
Obviously I’m NOT at church this morning. I’m still battling a cold. It just does not want to leave me.

So I thought I’d write a little more about my FAITH.

When I was attending my childhood church, I remember attending two funerals.
The first funeral was my uncle Orele Holter. I remember sitting next to my dad. He was crying. I looked up at him and was impressed. My father was my hero. I realized that father’s have feelings too.

The other funeral I remember attending was my uncle Oscar Skovlund. I remember his wife, Mable (Holter) Skovlund, accidentally bumping the casket cover in her grief. The casket cover closed and her family had to help her back to her seat.

Oscar was our alcoholic uncle. Mable was my father’s oldest sister. They had 16 children, all born from Mable! WOW !!!

Harold Skovlund is their youngest child. Harold is one year older than me. We were playmates back then. Lots of stories.

That’s about it for today.
.

Post this to:

http://myownchurch.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. I remember revival services where preachers pounded the pulpit. I remember Adolph doing the Sun. Sch program adn we would practice every Sat. for weeks. And when we were too noisy, he made us all yell as loud as we could and then be quiet. I remember a reverence and honor, respect people had for God and each other (most of the time). ...Cousin Wally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks cuz .. Yes, I remember those days too. Don't remember DAD doing the SS program though. I remember your DAD always used to sing the NorVegun song on Christmas eve though.

    myron

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My own Church