My relatives-more-

1/18/2010 4:37:50 PM
MY FAMILY CONTINUES:

I’ve been trying to remember who I missed from the Skovlund family.

LEON SKOVLUND:

Leon married Donna Townsend. He died a few years ago. I think Donna lives in Sinai SD. I could be wrong. Donna’s younger sister, Margaret, was my classmate in Bruce High School … class of 1963

I’ll write about my classmates later.

I was able to attend Leon’s funeral at Grace Lutheran. His younger brother Harold took my picture of which is on our home page. Amazing!

So, that leaves two Skovlund’s left. Need help!

I guess I could so some genealogical research to get the total number. I might even do some Internet research from www.myownfaith2.com and possibly find more relatives.

ADOLPH GUSTAV HOLTER:

That would be my father. DAD passed away in May 1977-8 .. I think. I remember my brother called me at work. He said “DAD DIED”. I remember I had to sit in the break room to collect my thoughts. I was able to finish my shift at the post office and immediately told Sally when I got home.

We last saw my father over Easter, I think. I took a picture of MOM & DAD with John on the couch upstairs. This was the last photo of DAD. I think my mother has that photo in her room at Greenleaf assisted living center in Brookings SD.

We left for the farm home the next day.

DAD fell off a ladder painting the peak of our barn. My sister, Delpha, begged him to hire someone to do these projects. I’m still mad at DAD. John Reppe, Delpha’s son, found him at the foot of the ladder. He was very young. I’ve been told that he was trying to call the nurse or something. My mother ran to DAD and checked his vitals. He was unresponsive.

When I first arrived, I grabbed a paintbrush. My father left his mark in life. The paintbrush left a red trail to his death. I could NOT bear to see that!

Dad’s funeral was one of the largest at Grace for quite some time.

I’ll write more at a later date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My own Church

St. Petri Bruce SD